Friday, December 23, 2011

Support During Infertility

Just a quick post to give a shout out to my wonderful infertility support group!

I never knew there was a support group in my area until a friend in NYC sent me a link to Resolve: http://www.resolve.org/.  Here you can search for a support group in your local area, and lo' and behold I found one just down the street!

Since my husband has been deployed throughout this entire process, these ladies have been such a wonderful system of support and laughs.  I have many friends who are supportive, but they will never fully understand what it is like to go through IVF.  These women know exactly what is involved and each share encouraging stories from their trials and tribulations of infertility.  The leader of our group even checks on me weekly to see how I am doing.  It has been a lifesaver, literally.

So if you are in need of human, in-the-flesh support, please find a local group in your area via the link above.  If there is no local group in your area, start one!  I am sure there are many others that are in need of an active support group in your city.  

No comments:

Post a Comment