Sunday, July 3, 2011

BFN #3

Another disappointing negative. Number 3 that is.

Luckily this time, due to not getting my hopes up, I have not been sobbing in my bed for 2 days. Instead, last night my husband and I took a midnight swim with a bottle of Pinot Noir and The Gotan Project playing in the background. It was a nice, romantic time to reconnect and discuss our dreams, hopes and fears.

Hopefully one day we will have a child, but it was not meant to begin today.

I again have had raging dysmenorrhea (cramping, nausea and vomiting) and had to take 2 percocets and 4 ibuprofen liquid caps. I rarely take medicine and tried to just get by on 1 percocet, but I was up at 0500 retching and doubled over in pain sobbing. I have never, ever in my life felt so horribly during my periods and am a bit concerned, but my RE seems to think it is solely due to the Clomid.

Today, due to the medicine and pain, I have slept most of the day away, recovering. Luckily now the pain is manageable with ibuprofen. My mind remains unfocused and cloudy though, which does not bode well for my studies that I have to do today.

On my scan this cycle, the fluid filled sac was seen again in my myometrium, so since I am not pregnant, this month will be focused on diagnosing the mass. I go for a MRI on the 15th of July, and will schedule another HSG this week, but this time it will be with saline. I heard from a nurse-midwife colleague of mine who got pregnant both times after a saline flush, so fingers crossed that will work for me as well.

And so the journey continues.

4 comments:

  1. hey this is something different, i never heard about this.
    Ibuprofen

    ReplyDelete
  2. HE - Not sure what you mean by your post, but ibuprofen is safe to take if you are not pregnant and since I am not pregnant, I am taking it around the clock in order to decrease the amount of bleeding and moreover decrease the dysmenorrhea (pain). In patients with dysmenorrhea, ibuprofen (nurophen) has been shown to reduce elevated levels of prostaglandin activity in the menstrual fluid and to reduce resting and active intrauterine pressure, as well as the frequency of uterine contractions. The probable mechanism of action is to inhibit prostaglandin synthesis rather than simply to provide analgesia.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear the news. :( But I'm glad to hear you so positive & upbeat!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Leslie. It's hard, but I am trying. It has definitely been much better than previously emotion-wise, but this menses was by far the worst I have ever experienced!

    ReplyDelete