Wednesday, June 22, 2011

AMH Results

I was previously quite concerned with my anti-Müllerian hormone results thinking they were on the low end and being overly worried regarding the research journals I had read. I spoke with my RE and she said not to worry. She said if my results were in the 0.1-0.5 range, she would be greatly concerned, but my results are good. Further, she said an AMH result of 1.1 basically tells her that if we attempt IVF, she will be able to collect 10-12 good eggs. That is all that is needed and is quite good for my age. I am buoyed by this news.

My RE also said that while she does not recommend taking DHEA, she also does not recommend against it. She said only one clinic in the US has all their patients taking DHEA and while she does not see the harm in it, it does NOT produce more eggs. It is only thought to improve the quality of the eggs produced. I am still on the fence about taking it as it can cause virilization and I am not keen on that! So I will continue with my prenatal vitamins, liquid B12 + Folic Acid (since I am a vegetarian), flax oil capsules as well as ground flax seeds on my oatmeal in the a.m., vitamin D drops and evening primrose oil capsules. I also do Ashtanga yoga daily which helps on so many different levels - physically, emotionally and mentally.

I am currently reading The Infertility Cure and will report back on the book's further recommendations for fertility boosting.

No comments:

Post a Comment